Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Long Run Rewards


Yes, I'll admit- sometimes I definitely am running for wine; this week however I was running for pancakes...and frozen yogurt!!  This week my long run was on Sunday morning because my husband and I needed to work on marketing his new business Saturday morning so I planned ahead and suggested we have pancakes Sunday morning after my run!  My planned run for this week according to my training schedule (I'll talk more about that in another post within the next week) was 9 miles- I ended up running 9.5 miles and was more than ready for pancakes!  I used Peanut Butter Fingers' Greek Yogurt Pancakes recipe as inspiration and added in dark chocolate chips and banana slices!  I used half vanilla Greek yogurt and half plain 0% Greek yogurt to give the pancakes just a bit of flavor!  I also halved the sugar since some of the yogurt was already sweetened and I had planned on adding syrup!  They were dee-licious!  The baking soda in the recipe gave them a great rise in the pan and half of the recipe was enough for a post workout meal!


We had also talked the day before (gotta make the most out of these long runs, right?!) about getting Yobe frozen yogurt as an afternoon treat!  I wasn't feeling very well when it came time to heading our for fro-yo but I'm not one to pass up Yobe with candy pieces on top so I was a trooper and went along for the ride :)  Well it definitely didn't help my stomach ache at all but man was it good!  The perfect cap to a long run day treat!




Question of the day: What is your favorite treat after a long run or tough workout?

Link of the day: 8 Ways Red Wine Keeps you Healthy - had to touch upon the other best long run reward :)

No comments:

Post a Comment