Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Rainy Run



Do you run in the rain?  If you're a runner, how much rain does it take to make you miss, change, or postpone your run?  I woke up last Wednesday ready to go for my 6 mile mid-week training run and as I was about to head out the door- rain.  Not much, but enough to make me rethink a 50 minute run.  After deciding that the rain wasn't going to persist for long and hoping that in less than an hour I could get back dry- I headed out.  Well about 3/4 of the way through my run- rain!  There wasn't much for me to do but to keep on going! 




I ran for about the last 15 minutes in a steady rain.  I have to say, I really thought it would out a damper on my run (yes, I went there!) but surprisingly it was a nice way to end my run!  I had been smart and wore a hat to keep the rain off my face on the chance the rain did come back so I wasn't dealing with a face full of water.  Although I probably looked crazy to most people driving by (I was running downtown so there were plenty of cars!)- I'm a runner and I'm not going to let a little rain stop me!

Question of the day: What do you change about your run or gear when it's raining?

Link of the day: Tips for Running in the Rain- About.com

No comments:

Post a Comment