Sunday, April 6, 2014

Running Naked

No, not actually running naked but running with no watch, no iPod, no phone...do you do it?

I went to head out for my run the other day before the work day really got started and just as I was putting on my sneakers, my phone gave me the blue screen of death and shut off.  Great.  I tried to turn it back on by holding down the power button, nothing.  I pressed the power button lightly, nothing.  I knew I had to re-evaluate the situation and since I knew I had to get going so I could get to my work for the day, I left phone-less.

I left just after 8am the other day for my run and actually enjoyed it! Granted it was only about 3 miles long so only 25 or so minutes but I was able to enjoy the morning and not focus on running or on my music. I run through a downtown area and enjoyed watching everyone going to work or beginning to run their errands and was able to keep my focus on what was going on around me.  I didn't have my current pace or time playing in my ears every 5 minutes which meant I was able to forget for a time that I was even running.

I have been having problems with the GPS on my phone anyway so I haven't really been tracking my runs much as  every time I come home, my run tracker tells me I'm running a 6-7 minute mile (riiiiight!) so I've been following routes with which I am familiar and know almost exactly how far I'm running.

For the time being I didn't miss my music but I'm not sure I would be able to make that a regular occurrence since running the same routes time and again gets a bit boring, I know I'll need that to give me something to do!

Question of the Day: Do you run with music?  Do you like to run and just enjoy the scenery?
Link of the Day: FitFluential's March Miles Running Playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment